Optibac probiotic is a natural friendly bacteria supplement for newborns, babies, toddlers and kids up to 12 years old to keep the gut healthy and aid digestion. Each sachet provides 3 billion live cultures + 0.75g of Fructooligosaccharide (FOS) fibres. This supplement has been clinically trialled in school-aged children and is proven to survive to reach the gut alive.
McDaid Pharmacy - "near me" - always. To browse and purchase more products and view our current for sale and clearance offers please go to mcdaidpharmacy.ie
Near me with same day and next day fast shipping.
Free shipping on all orders €40+
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Who is OptiBac ‘For babies & children' for?
Created especially for babies, toddlers, and children up to 12 years old.
- Contains three high quality, well-researched live culture strains, all proven to reach the gut alive.
- Each sachet provides 3 billion live cultures (guaranteed until end of expiry) with 0.75g of Fructo-oligosaccharide (FOS) fibres.
- The finished product and individual strains have been clinically trialled in hundreds of infants and children.
- Easy to take sachet - simply mix with cool, non-acidic food or drinks.
- No refrigeration necessary – the live cultures are enclosed in a 3-layer laminated sachet for maximum protection.
- Vegetarian and gluten-free (suitable for those with coeliac disease).
- Free from sugar, artificial colourings and flavourings.
- Natural source of fibre.
- Award-winning supplement with excellent reviews from parents.
- From the UK’s most trusted & recommended brand of friendly bacteria supplements+.
- Winner of the National Parenting Product Award 2019.
Available to buy in three pack sizes of 10, 30 or 90 sachets.
- Best taken with a meal, preferably with breakfast.
- Simply mix with your child's favourite cool, non-acidic foods or drinks – try sprinkling the powder over cereal, mixing it with yogurt, or dissolve it in a glass of water or cold milk.
- Can be taken with formula milk - simply add to the bottle once it has cooled down to room temperature (as heat reduces the viability of natural bacteria).
- For breastfed babies, powder can be applied to nipple or clean finger for baby to suckle.
- Infants from birth to 3 years: 1 sachet per day
- Kids 4 - 12 years: 1 to 2 sachets per day as desired
- Pregnant and breastfeeding mothers: 1 sachet per day
OptiBac 'For babies & children' does not require refrigeration and sachets can be used on the go. Store in a cool, dry place below 25°C and out of direct sunlight.
- Fructooligosaccharides (FOS)
- Stabiliser: potato starch
- Live cultures: Lactobacillus acidophilus Rosell-52, Bifidobacterium infantis Rosell-33 and Bifidobacterium bifidum Rosell-71
Each sachet guarantees 3 billion live cultures and 0.75g FOS fibres.
Suitable for vegetarian, gluten free, yeast-free diets. GMO free. Sugar free. Free from artificial flavourings, colourings and preservatives typically found in other food & drinks containing probiotics. No chemicals or parabens.
Please note this product may contain tiny traces of dairy and/or soy* and is therefore not recommended for those with a strict allergy to dairy. However, those with lactose intolerance should be able to take this supplement with no issues.
* dairy/soy are present in the culture medium only then removed, however tiny residual traces may remain