Nurofen Express should be taken with a glass of water with or just after a meal.Adults and children over 12 years: Take 1 tablet followed by 1 tablets every 4-6 hours if necessary.Do take more than 3 tablets in any 24-hour period.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
The active ingredient (which makes the medicine work) in Nurofen Express Maximum Strength 400mg Tablets is ibuprofen 400 mg (as sodium dihydrate). Ibuprofen belongs to a group of medicines called Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs). These medicines work by changing how the body responds to pain, swelling and high temperature. Nurofen Express Maximum Strength 400mg Tablets are used for the relief of fever and mild to moderate pain such as:
- headaches, period pain, and dental pain
- muscle pain and backache
- symptoms of colds and flu, and high temperature (fever)
Adults, the Elderly and children over 12 years old:
- Take the tablets by mouth only with a glass of water.
- Take ONLY 1 TABLET with a glass of water up to 3 times a day if required.
- Leave at least 4 hours between doses and do not take more than 3 tablets in 24 hours.
- Do not give these tablets to children under 12 years.
- This medicine is for short-term use only. If in adolescents this medicinal product is required for more than 3 days, or if symptoms worsen a doctor should be consulted. If your symptoms persist or the pain worsens, or any new symptoms occur, consult your doctor or pharmacist.
- Do not take these tablets if you:
- are allergic (hypersensitive) to ibuprofen or any of the other ingredients (see below)
- are allergic (hypersensitive) to aspirin or to other painkillers
- have or ever had a stomach ulcer, perforation or bleeding in the stomach
- have ever had gastrointestinal bleeding in relation to NSAID therapy
- have severe liver or kidney problems
- have severe heart failure
- have difficulties breathing or have had a worsening of asthma, skin rash, itchy runny nose, or facial swelling when previously taken ibuprofen, aspirin or similar medicines
- If you are taking other regular medication, other NSAID’s or pain killers
- If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars (e.g. fructose)
- If you are pregnant
- if you are elderly
- If you are under 12 years of age
If you have any other medical conditions or are on medication for another medical condition, consult with your doctor or pharmacist before taking this medication
The active ingredient is ibuprofen 400mg (as sodium ibuprofen dihydrate 512mg).
Other ingredients are: Croscarmellose sodium (E468), magnesium stearate (E572), xylitol (E967), sucrose, titanium dioxide (E171), microcrystalline cellulose (E460), colloidal anhydrous silica (E551),carmellose sodium (E466), talc (E553b), acacia spray dried (E414), macrogol 6000 powder, red printing ink containing shellac, iron oxide red (E172), propylene glycol (E1520), ammonium hydroxide (E527) and simethicone.
Keep all medicines out the sight and reach of children.
Always consult the Patient Information Leaflet before using this medicine.