Galfer 305mg Hard Capsules is used to help replace low levels of iron in the blood. Ideal for anyone who needs treated for Iron deficiency
Galfer Capsules (28) Galfer Capsules are used to prevent and treat uncomplicated iron deficiencies (iron-deficiency anaemia). Galfer Capsules contain iron in the form of ferrous fumarate. Each capsule contains 305mg of ferrous fumarate(equivalent to 100mg elemental iron) The other ingredient is microcrystalline cellulose.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Take this medicine by mouth.
Adults, the elderly and children over 12 years:
- To prevent iron deficiency take one capsule a day. To treat iron deficiency take one capsule twice a day.
- Take this medicine before meals on an empty stomach if possible.
- If Galfer Capsules upsets your stomach, take it with or after food.
- Some food such as tea, eggs and milk may reduce the amount of iron absorbed by the body. Check with the doctor or pharmacist about which foods to avoid.
- Galfer Capsules may make your stools darker than usual. This is a normal effect of medicines containing iron.
- If your symptoms have not started to improve after 28 days, you should ask your doctor for advice.
- Treatment should not normally carry on for more than 3 months after the iron deficiency has been corrected. Your doctor will advise you when to stop.
Do not take the medicine if you have:
- An allergy to any of the ingredients listed below.
- Other problems with iron in the blood (including conditions that lead to iron building up in soft tissues, or problems with red blood cells).
- A stomach ulcer or other stomach or bowel problem.
- Inflammatory bowel disease including ulcerative colitis or regional enteritis.
- Had repeated blood transfusions in the past.
- Anaemia not related to low levels of iron
- Or are currently having iron injections
Take special care with Galfer Capsules if you have
- A history of stomach ulcers.
- Had part or all of the stomach removed.
- Vitamin deficiency particularly vitamin B12 or folic acid.
- Or are a male, as iron deficiency is less common in men than women, and the causes may need investigating further by the doctor.
- People having tests on stool samples should tell the doctor as this medicine may turn stools black and affect test results.
Please tell your pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
You can take Galfer Capsules when pregnant or breastfeeding. Talk to your doctor first before using the medicine particularly if you are in the first 3 months of pregnancy. You may also need to take folic acid.
Ferrous fumarate 305mg (equivalent to 100mg of elemental iron), microcrystalline cellulose, gelatin and colours: quinoline yellow (E104), erythrosine (E127), indigotine (E132) and titanium dioxide (E171).